SermonView is dedicated to helping churches communicate more effectively in a visual world. Since 2005, SermonView has worked with thousands of churches to improve their communication effectiveness and reach a hurting world for Jesus.
A pioneer in easy-to-use preaching graphics, today SermonView is one of the fastest growing printing and mailing ministries in America. And our church marketing expertise brings new people through church doors every week.
- We want to see more people in heaven. God wants everyone to be saved, and we strive to use our gifts to share the love of God with as many as possible. (1 Timothy 2:4; Acts 2:21; 1 Corinthians 12:7; Romans 10:9-14; 1 Corinthians 10:33)
- We believe ministry happens in the local church. God has called every local church into being for His purposes, and as each church pursues their unique calling more people will be reached. We are honored to partner with local churches in ministry. (1 Corinthians 3:7, 8; 1 Peter 4:10; 1 Corinthians 12:12, 13)
- We love pastors. Today, more than ever before, pastors are pulled in a multitude of directions, facing high expectations at every turn. We want to hold up the hands of these leaders, coming along side them to help equip God’s people to do His work. (Exodus 17:12; 1 Thessalonians 5: 12, 13; Ephesians 4:12)
- We serve God. SermonView is God’s ministry, not ours. The problems we face are His problems, not ours. As slaves of God, we simply follow His guidance, and watch in awe at the work He is doing. Through it all, God is glorified. (Psalm 24:1; Matthew 6:31-33; Luke 17:7-10; Jude 1:1; 2 Peter 1:1; Philippians 1:1; Acts 2:43)
- Visual design. Some of our designers have worked for Fortune 500 companies and top design studios, but now choose to dedicate their talents to serving churches. As you can see by looking through our illustrations and designs, their body of work for SermonView customers speaks for itself.
- Church marketing. Effective communication requires punching through the clutter and noise of our busy society. Proven marketing methods, grounded in biblical principles, help churches attract new people through their doors and integrate them into the life of the body.
- Technology. We are at our core a technology company. We constantly look for ways to harness technology to help churches be more effective, and to help us be more effective in serving you.
- Customer service. We are committed to fully understanding your needs and crafting a solution that meets your ministry objectives, on time and under budget. And on those rare times when we get it wrong, we make it right.
- Getting things done. In our organization, we foster a high-energy, performance-oriented culture that focuses on achieving measurable objectives. Ideas are cheap; execution is everything. When you work with SermonView, you’re working with people who know how to get things done.
Larry Witzel, Founder and President, is a creative innovator with a passion for helping church leaders communicate more effectively. A former pastor, Larry has 20 years of marketing and public relations experience. His resume includes stints at organizations as varied as Intel, Wellsource, La Sierra University, North Pacific Union Communication Dept., and a variety of technology startups. In 2001 he joined It Is Written as director of its Digital Media Group, leading a team of 15 young creatives in creating cutting-edge resources for evangelism.
Larry has a BA in theology and mass media from Walla Walla University, and an MBA in marketing from the University of Washington. He is a musician and tech team leader at his local church and serves on the Oregon Conference Executive Committee. He lives with his wife and two children in Battle Ground, Wash.
Vince Williams, Co-Founder and Vice President, has for over a decade dedicated himself to helping churches communicate better and market themselves more effectively. He started his career in radio and became fascinated with the ins-and-outs of effective marketing. Eventually he took that expertise into the world of business and was heavily involved on helping start-ups and small companies thrive using effective marketing.
Vince grew up in an unchurched family and enjoys combining those experiences with his marketing background to reach unchurched people for Christ. As a youth, Vince was ranked as one of the top 50 chess players nationwide, and still loves to apply that level of strategy to his job today. He lives with his wife in Vancouver, Wash.
Vince left SermonView in 2021 to pursue other entrepreneurial interests.
Don Gray, a retired evangelist and the "grandfather of SermonView," started Advent Digital Media in 1995 to create computer graphics for Mark Finley's Net 95 satellite evangelism series. The organization quickly grew to 15 young creative professionals, merging with It Is Written Television in 1999 and becoming It Is Written Digital Media Group ("DMG"). Larry Witzel joined the team in 2001, managing the development of evangelism graphics products such as New Beginnings DVD Evangelism and the Evangelism Media Library, and Vince Williams joined two years later to direct the global launch of Oxygen preaching graphics.
In 2005, with the closure of DMG, Larry and Vince founded the ministry now known as SermonView, offering a place for the entire DMG team to continue developing cutting-edge visual resources. When development of Oxygen was completed in 2009, SermonView used that graphics collection to focus on printed resources for churches, with a strong emphasis on evangelism marketing.
SermonView is an ASI-member ministry, and today is one of the fastest growing printing and mailing ministries in America. Through the years, we have worked closely with some of the most gifted evangelists and preachers in the country, like Mark Finley, Shawn Boonstra, Jac Colón, David Mains, and Derek Morris. More than that, we've been honored to serve some of our current SermonView customers for over two decades, and look forward to continuing to have a vital role in many churches' marketing programs in the future.
Don Gray passed away in early 2014, leaving a lasting legacy of creative evangelism and lives touched around the world. SermonView is privileged to be part of that legacy.